April 7, 2021: Version 1.1.8 is out!
- The barcode scanner now stores retrieved results in a local database for fast repeat recognition of those items. If an item is not found, entering a name for it will associate the item with the scanned barcode in the local database. Lastly, the local barcode database is included with the inventory data during sync operations, so all devices logged into that sync account will be able to quickly resolve those barcodes.
March 23, 2021: Version 1.1.5 is out!
- Added automated inventory backup and data synchronization across multiple devices
- Added a simple Import option from the Inventory tab for backup and CSV files
- Added a link to the Category Editor from the Inventory tab menu
- Added a link to the Cache Editor from the Caches tab menu
- Fixed a bug in the Category Editor that sometimes caused a crash when moving sub-categories
- Added an option to upgrade to Unlimited from the Home page menu
- UI polishing and improvements
January 16, 2021: Development update
We’re working on data sync across multiple devices, with backups to the cloud. We’re taking care to get it right and robust, but also cost efficient, ie, cheap. We’re evaluating swapping out our current push notifications service for one that will also allow for notifying the app when another user has updated a shared inventory, so we can sync more intelligently.
We’ll most likely do a beta test of the new data sync functionality to better work out any kinks before launching it for everyone. Stay tuned if you’d like to be a part of that.
The first iteration of data sync will be unencrypted. Once we release the first iteration, we’ll do a round of smaller improvements from our backlog, then work on encrypted data sync.
November 28, 2020: Added support article for barcode scanning
October 31, 2020: Version 1.0.20 is out!
- Added ability to add custom units
- Fixed Category editor bug that could cause the app to crash
Use the Contact page to send feedback/questions/bugs, thanks!
Latest Blog Entries
- When Do Medical Supplies Expire?Turning on the expiring items notifications in Inventory Wolf, and setting the Expires field for items with expiration dates is a great way to keep abreast of your disaster preparedness supplies’ health – but when do medical supplies really expire? And can you still use them when they do expire? Ultimately you want medical items […]
- When Does Food Expire?The actual shelf-life of food is typically longer than the stated “Best Before” dates on its packaging, but how much longer? What about foods that don’t have some kind of “Eat by” date? We had the same questions, specifically about the foods in Inventory Wolf’s recommended shelter-in-place food plans. Something to keep in mind is […]
- The Food Plans ExplainedOverview When you choose the Shelter-in-place option during the Inventory Wolf onboarding questionnaire, you’ll be setup with a food plan in your Shelter-in-place cache. Acquire all the items in that plan, and you’ll be set food-wise for the time period you chose (2 weeks, 1 month, or 2 months). That food plan is based on […]